Tuesday 18 May 2010

133. Hoof Boots...

I just made my purchase for 2 pairs of Renegade Hoof boots which will hopefully fit Spices front hooves. http://www.renegadehoofboots.com/ Although i already have 6 EasyCare Glove boots http://www.easycareinc.com/our_boots/easyboot_glove/Easyboot_Glove.aspx i think they will only be suitable for Spices hind hooves so i decided to buy the Renegades on the premise that out of 10 boots of different designs i should be able to get a perfect fit for each hoof.

I figure that the ones which don't fit i can just sell...as boy are they expensive! The Renegades retail at about £60's each (inc postage) and the easy care gloves around £50's each (inc postage).

So, altogether i've spent about £550's!!! Yikes there's no question about it - I definitely need to sell the ones which don't fit!

Anyway, as soon as the Renegades are delivered which should be in two weeks time i should be able to start doing some proper work with Spice which will be great. As I have to say i think she is slowly but surely turning into a DIVA. I think i have been so worried about her hoofies that i have been a little bit lax in my assertiveness around her and boy has she noticed. It's hard not to treat a lame horse with kid gloves because you find yourself feeling sorry for them and 'treating' them because you want to make their life a bit more pleasant but Spice is definitely the kind of horse to take advantage of this sweetness. So, i have decided to toughen up a bit with her as if i want to get back one her back again i need to get her respecting me again.

I find it strange that some horses are so gentle and innocent in their nature...like Fen - my friends horse, i don't think i have ever seen her take advantage or disrespect her in anyway - it just doesn't seem to be in her nature. Perhaps it's a maturity thing for she has had a foal so although she is the same age as Spice she has probably had to grow up fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment