Sunday 4 April 2010

91. Long Reining...

As usual Spice has given me a headache...It's 2.24am in the morning and i find myself lying in bed 'thinking over' everything that happened yesterday. The first feeling i felt after what happened when i tried to get Spice to go towards the gate yesterday was disappointment. I was disappointed in Spice. All i could think was how dissappointed i was that after all our work she had failed the task i had set before her but really it was me that had failed...

Is it a case of long reining her out of the yard first so i learn what to do with my reins without the risk of getting injured in the process?

Or is it simply a case of simply being more authoritative, firmer, stronger and quicker and in effect 'forcing her to go' as when Spice is flatly refusing to listen to me even before i attempt to communicate with her she is completely disrespecting my authority.

Anyway, tomorrow i have decided to long rein her in the arena and try to perform a variety of transitions so i can get her 'listening' to me and then long rein her out of the yard and then repeat these exercises whilst riding her...

Will let you all know how it goes providing i'm still alive to tell the tale...

One thing is for sure...i never imagined just 'how much learning' was involved in riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment