Thursday 1 April 2010

87. Groundwork, Hooves & Magnesium Update...

Today i took Spice for a 15 minute walk around the village and she was absolutely brilliant, so trusting and so attentive. Every day i take her out i see how she improves. I definitely think the magnesium has had an effect on her too. It was quite windy today but she remained calm and relaxed from the moment we left the yard to the moment we got back. When i think back to how nervous and agitated she was when i first tried to lead her away from the herd i realize just how far we have both come. I can't wait to ride her out. Her hooves still seem to be holding up well which is good so my aim is to start riding her out daily for 30 minutes at a time so they get used to walking on hard ground. The last time she was shod was back in November so she has now had almost 5 months of growth. I can't believe how quick it's gone. I am hoping that within 3 months i can hack her out daily for 1hr at a time with no problem. The loveliest thing about doing things with Spice is knowing that she actually enjoys doing them she stands at the gate waiting for me to arrive and even after i've given her food still stands there almost as though she is waiting for me to 'catch her'. But I never want to get to the point where i have to 'catch her' i like the way we seem to 'catch' each other. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment