Wednesday 8 September 2010

190. New Home...No New Problems!!!

Today as i said in my previous post i had the vet come out to administer Spices annual booster and at the same time check her hooves over.

The vet tested for sensitivity in each hoof with hoof testers and to my delight and surprise found no sensitivity whatsoever...which was good given that during the night she'd jumped the electric fence yet again to gain access to the rich grazing (this time leaving her two best friends)!

I was so relieved and happy that i nearly kissed him. I was so sure that she was foot sore but apparently not. :) He said her hooves were pretty tough and that unless she got sore he saw no reason why i should put shoes back on but to take each day as it comes and keep an eye on grazing.

So as i said in my last post i have decided to keep her in for 6-8 hours during the day and only put her out in the evenings at least until the grass stops growing. I have bought a muzzle for her but i would really prefer not to use it if possible as when i put it on her she looked absolutely miserable in it so i think i will see how she is over the next few days with her new routine.

Tomorrow, Spice has her hooves trimmed for the 9th time so i will get a second opinion on everything for my own peace of mind. After the trimmer has been she is being schooled and possibly jumped in the livery yards new arena which i'm really looking forward to! I have only ever watched Spice be ridden around a jumping course once before and she was a little nervous to say the least but i think without the nerves she will be awesome and we've practiced loads too so she should be lots better.

I might just video her tomorrow as it would be nice to see if all our hard work has paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment