Thursday 2 September 2010

188. New home...New beginnings...

Last time i moved Spice she was pretty much a nervous wreck for the first week or two. I remember every time i led her away from her 'new' herd she was really difficult to handle especially for those first few days but this time round perhaps because she has done it before and perhaps because she trusts me and sees me as her leader she is heaps better and has adjusted to her new surroundings really quickly. I even took her out today for the first time and she was as good as gold so the future looks bright. :) She has also bonded with the other horses really well in fact the two that she is with stick to her like glue - and i haven't yet seen them apart! I think she is their herd leader and this is perhaps giving her a new sense of confidence. I haven't yet seen one of them launch an attack or show any signs of aggression whatsoever which is strange since they have only just met but they seem to really like each others company and behave more like siblings than acquaintances. I wonder if this is because they are all of a similar breed and therefore (like humans) are of a more similar temperament and get on better. Either way she is very happy so i am very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment