Wednesday 7 July 2010

172. When your horse makes you proud...

Today, i had a friend of mine ride Spice in preparation for when i am too big to ride her. I anticipate that i have another 8-12 weeks before i will have to stop riding her so i thought it would be a good idea to get her used to being ridden by someone other than myself once a week so she gets used to it.

I was so proud of Spices behaviour...

When we got to the fields all of the horses were galloping around bucking, rearing and throwing their heads - i wish i'd have video'd it because Spice looked so beautiful with her head held high and her tail held up - just like an Arabian horse.

Anyway, seeing them all so excited made me think that this might be the one time that i might struggle to catch her but as i motioned for her to come to me in the middle of the field and all the other horses galloped passed she continued to walk on right up to me and stood perfectly still while i put her head collar on boy did she make me proud.

I fed her her hoof supplement, sprayed her with fly spray, tacked her up and couldn't have asked for a more well mannered, respectful horse. Then my friend schooled her and she was a complete angel. Walked, Trotted, Cantered and Jumped without any hesitation whatsoever which in view of the fact that she hasn't been properly schooled in 6 months is amazing.

I've always loved Spice but i don't think i've ever felt as proud of her as i did today. She was completely delightful in every single way and i feel very very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment