Monday 5 July 2010

170. You can't change your horses behaviour unless you change your own behaviour...



Today i decided to hack out from the yard on my own and back for the first time and it couldn't have gone any better. Spice was alert but 100% responsive to my cues so all in all i am really pleased. The future is definitely looking bright. If i'm honest it all seems a little too easy at the moment, after months of struggling to overcome our problems something finally seems to have clicked and all the issues we had before are slowly but surely fading away. It almost seems too good to be true...The biggest lesson i've learnt is that you can't change your horses behaviour unless you change your own behaviour. I always thought it was Spice that had the 'problem' but really in actual fact it was me...a little hard to admit but very true...

Anyway... i know i said i wouldn't talk about the arrival of the lentil growing inside me but this kind of involves Spice. Me and luke went shopping for some baby clothes today since we haven't yet bought anything and as we don't yet know whether it will be a boy or a girl we decided to just get some plain white clothes. However, when we looked at them we thought they needed cheering up so decided to buy some fabric paints and let our friends and family decorate them for us. I have already decorated my one and luke is in the process of decorating his.

As you can see, I thought it would be nice to draw Spice since she means so much to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment