Saturday 20 February 2010

45. Barefoot Transition...

Yesterday i rode Spice out in her new Dream Team Saddle and new Frank Baines girth for the second time and apart from having a little spook at something the horse in front of her spooked at she was as good as gold. We only did 45 mins as i do not want her to get foot sore now that she has had her shoes taken off and we stuck to tarmac surfaces to make it easier on her. I must say so far i am very impressed with her progress. I did not expect to be able to hack out for more than 30 mins this soon after removing her shoes but she seems to be coping just fine. I am really looking forward to the podiatrist visiting and really hope that she encourages me to keep spice barefoot... I can't help but think about the damage it is doing to our horses joints every time i hear metal shoes clanning against the hard surfaces of our roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment