Friday 22 April 2011

256. Riding past our first tractor!

Today i took Spice out for a hack and not long into our hack we were confronted with a tractor. Tractors aren't one of Spices favourite road friends so as we approached the tractor she decided it was far too scary to go past and attempted to spin, run backwards and rear. Unlike the olden days where i'd have become nervous i actually relished in the opportunity to take control of the situation and demonstrate my authority. Sitting deep in my seat i kicked her on when she was running backwards, sat to her rear and pulled back on my right rein with not just my arm but the whole of my body preventing her from turning around. As soon as she realised that all three attempts to avoid the vehicle had failed she started listening to me and walked forwards to where i made her stand quietly whilst the tractor went past. It was a brilliant victory and made all the better without having to use a whip or any other kind of pain inducing device!

No comments:

Post a Comment