Wednesday 15 December 2010

228. Still no swab results...

Yesterday the vet rang me to let me know that the results of the swab would not be back until friday due to the sample only having just arrived at the laboratory due to being delayed in the post. Would have thought something as important as this might have been sent via a guaranteed next day delivery service but obviously not...Spice is still resting her leg in stand and although walks quite soundly is still lame in trot. I think she knows she is ill. She has lost her 'flighty energy' that at times made her difficult to handle and is now calm and quiet most of the time. The worst thing is she is still so affectionate towards me which in a sense makes it a lot harder because in some ways i feel as though i've failed her and that i don't deserve her affections - if only i'd known more about this kind of injury at the beginning of this process perhaps we would not be in this situation. I know i've tried my best and i know all the vets did their best but the fact is we all failed Spice through lack of knowledge and inexperience and the only real victim in this is Spice and yet she still continues to trust, respect and love me more than ever and i realize i may just be losing the most loyal friend i ever had...

No comments:

Post a Comment